This is how to make a bone china clay Dahlia flower.
Bone china clay is the best flower making clay if want crack free beautiful delicate clay flowers. They will need to be fired to 1230c. You make make flowers with other clay but the technique will be different.
What you will need:
1. Bone china Clay
2. Vegetable or sunflower oil for fingers.
3. Smooth mat surface which you can add oil
Making the Petals
1. Make a thin sausage, smaller than your finger and press the top edge to create the shape seen in image.
2. Pinch the base of the rounded edge to create the effect in the image.
Set aside and make around 25 – 30.
Making the Centre
3. Take two petals and interlock like image.
4. Put 5 petals around the centre.
5. Put petals around the first row in between where the first petals were place like image.
6. Carry on building up the flower by adding petals in the same way.
7. From underneath and using your fingertips turn the flower upside down and gently twisting the dahlia back and forth to turn it into a thin stem. You can let gravity help but be careful not to drop it.