This is how to make a bone china clay Anemone flower.
Bone china clay is the best flower making clay if want crack free beautiful delicate clay flowers. They will need to be fired to 1230c.
What you will need:
1. Bone china Clay.
2. Vegetable or sunflower oil for fingers.
3. Smooth mat surface which you can add oil.
4. (optional) A grooved textured flat surface. I have a rubber stamp which was given to me by someone from Wedgwood. Coalport use to use hand made clay ones. A sample of grooved wall paper would work or anything with grooves.
Making the Centre
1. Use a sieve to push a small sausage sized shape into a sieve.
2. Use your fingers around the side to push and shape to make a nice round centre.
3. Create a long sausage shape and press down one edge to make a wedge.
4. Using a comb create the stamens by dragging the comb as seen in image.
5. Add the combed clay section around the centre to create stamens like in the image.
Making the Petals
6. Create a sausage shape of clay and press around the top to make the shape below.
7. Pinch the base of the petal to create the shape shown in the image.
Make 5 and set aside
Putting the Flower Together
8. Put the petals around the centre like image.
9. Hold the anemone flower from underneath and using your fingertips turn the flower upside down and gently twisting the flower back and forth to turn it into a thin stem. You can let gravity help but be careful not to drop it.